KamatSoft eValueMax v10.1 is designed for Wide Area Network (WAN). The n-tier architecture is designed to work for Wide Area Network efficiently. Basic architecture on Wide Area Network will have:
- Application Server residing on the same server which has IIS (web server) installed on it.
- Database which may be in the same server as application server or on the different server on Local Area Network which can be assessed through TCP-IP.
- Desktop clients will establish HTTP/HTTPS (protocol used in World Wide Web) connections over Local Area Network or Wide Area Network or even over internet using static IP.From security perspective all internet connections should use secured HTTP (Https).
Operating Systems for Application Server
Minimum Server operating system for working on eValueMax v10.1 is Windows Server 2008. It can also work Windows server 2008 R2, Windows 2012 and Windows 2016. 64 bit Server Software of KamatSoft eValueMax v10.1 interfaces with IIS server on these operating system and can be installed and configured using KamatSoft eValueMax V10.1 Server Setup.
For Local Area operations we suggest minimum SQL Server version 2005 and KamatSoft eValueMax v10.1 can work with SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2015, 2016, and 2017. Rest assured we test our application with all the latest versions of SQL Server Software. KamatSoft eValueMax v10.1 can also work with Oracle database using Oracle Call Interface and has been tested with Oracle 11g onwards.
Under basic setup KamatSoft eValueMax v10.1 Server software consisting of server side DLLs which interface with IIS Server. You will also install SQL Server Database on the same machine which will improve overall performance.
In extended setup KamatSoft eValueMax v10.1 Server software will be installed on multiple servers one of which may hosts database server.
In advance setup the database server itself will be setup on multiple machines including Linux servers sharing single database instance. Application server will be on multiple windows servers.
Users can connect to the application server using KamatSoft evalueMax10.1 user App. The connection uses HTTP/HTTPs protocol that you use when you do browsing using your favourite browser like Firefox, Chrome or Internet explorer. Application can be accessed.
- Users on Local Area Network can continue accessing the App on the network. Since KamatSoft eValueMax has server application there is no need for individual user to have User ID on the application server. His desktop client will access server software requiring windows authentication at operating system level. KamatSoft eValueMax v10.1 will do all the necessary authentication.
- Users on Wide Area Network will be connected using leased line connection. Communication between client and server uses LZMA compresssion saving on the bandwidth. Since all database processing happens on server with client having no access to database server, network traffic is kept minimum further conserving bandwidth.
- Other users who are not on LAN or access to leased line can always access on the internet using HTTPs protocol using static IP. Typically you should have symmetrical connection with your ISP since upload speeds are critical for user experience.